With Covid 19, a large number of people is currently teleworking, confined to their homes for who knows how long?
And once the working day is over, we probably have free time to fill at home – free time that can be filled with cultural activities. While nothing can replace the intense experience of a live orchestral concert, or the unique encounter with art in museums and galleries, thanks to the increasingly available digital platforms, art is just a click away. And there is much evidence to show that art and culture contribute to our wellbeing, serenity, inspiration, intellectual stimulation and resilience in facing challenges.
It is therefore with great pleasure that the Culture and Cultural Heritage Division have prepared a list of activities and places you can visit, without leaving the comfort of your own home.
Visit museums, galleries, listen to concerts all around Europe
- And let us not forget the Montreux Jazz Festival
- Discover the wonders of Florence's famous museum, Uffizi Gallery.
- Use Google Street Views to find Banksy Murals.
- Travel through time in the British Museum, London
- And the wonders of Egypt in the Egyptian Museum of Barcelona.
- Always wanted to visit the Berlin Philharmonic? The Digital Concert Hall is now open to everyone for a limited time!
- Explore 278 pieces of extraordinary art in the Musée d’Orsay, Paris
- Take the opportunity to see The State Hermitage Museum in Sankt-Peterburg, Russia
- For opera lovers, the Vienna State Opera is streaming some of its latest performances.
- Visit BOZAR, the Centre for Fine Arts in Brussels, and enjoy beautiful and inspiring moments of music, exhibitions, theatre, film, dance, lectures and debates – plus many more artistic expressions.
Source of information